I came across this interesting info graphic in the Washington Post recently called “Anatomy of a Burglary,” which reveals some fascinating statistics about break-ins, including a few ways to protect your valuables and deter thieves.
Some interesting facts:
- Most burglaries occur between 10AM and 3PM.
- The typical house burglar is a male teenager who lives within a couple of miles of your home.
- Burglars spend on an average between 8 and 12 minutes inside your home.
Not only did the graphic detail the most common entry points for a burglar, but it also offered these helpful tips for protecting your home:
- A home with a security system is 3 times less likely to be broken into than a home without a security system. (Even if you don’t have one, buying the stickers for them can deter an amateur.)
- Consider alternatives to the master bedroom for hiding valuables. It’s the first place most burglars go.
- Burglars want to spend fewer than 60 seconds breaking in. Anything you can do to lengthen that time will increase the likelihood they’ll pass on your house.
- The appearance of an unoccupied home is what typically attracts burglars. Not bringing the garbage cans back up a few days after trash day can be a big sign you’re not around.
For a detailed look at the info graphic, visit the Washington Post site here:
Protect your home and your valuables! Common sense is often enough to keep you from becoming a victim. And remember: Keep an inventory of your possessions for insurance purposes.
For a more up to date look at crime in Anne Arundel County Click Here!
Loyalty, Commitment And Excellence In All That I Do!
I guarantee to sell your home in 60 days or less, or I will Pay you up to $10,000 in CASH!*
Pat Ogle, Associate Broker,
Champion Realty, Inc. 711 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
800.847.9990 ext 660 (O) 443.569.2736 (C) 410-224-0660 (D)
P.S. Help Us, Help (America’s Heroes) Wounded Warriors and their families as they return home from the current conflicts, honoring and empowering them with a wide range of services. To this end we donate $250 from every closing to the Wounded Warrior Project® . Give us a call at 410-224-0660 to help us help them!
Please Don't Forget to Show Your Support for Our Marines!
"IN GOD WE TRUST" | luke 1.37
*certain conditions apply